There are some basics (like your author bio and media kit, info about your book, a sign-up for your mailing list) that should already be on your author’s website. But there are also some updates to make before your book comes out:
- Switch your landing page — the first page visitors see — from your blog or a generic welcome page to a page that features your book.
- Add buttons for purchasing (or pre-purchasing) your book.
- Add blurbs, reviews, and awards as they come in.
- Add links to review pages on Amazon and Goodreads, to make it easy for visitors to review your books.
- Be sure you have a page listing your upcoming author events.
This is also a good time to update your social media headers, so they include an image of your book.